PINK SKY EPK
PINK SKY EPK
PINK SKY creates emotional & contemplative electronica with analog synths, drum machines, samplers, electric pianos, and live visual projections.
Their forthcoming sophomore LP, meditations, will be released on 9/20/19 on limited edition vinyl, cd, and all streaming platforms. Capturing the zeitgeist of late 2018 in the US—an uncomfortable anxiety and the search for calm—meditations is Pink Sky’s most ambitious project to date and has a palpable feeling of purpose. The new experimental album reflects the band’s fears, anxieties, hopes, and visions of the future—particularly in a world that’s facing environmental and human crises.
Pink Sky was formed in late 2016 by husband and wife, Ryan and Angelica Hay, as a response to a loss of identity and meaning after trauma. Since then, Pink Sky has served as an attempt to create immersive beauty while reclaiming meaning and identity.
Formerly a microbiologist, Angelica Hay received a fellowship to Kendall College of Art and Design where she recently completed an MFA in Painting and an MA in Visual and Critical Studies. Ryan has an MA in English and formerly taught college composition and rhetoric.
Pink Sky's debut album, FORMS, and their recent EP, "IT DOESN"T MATTER / YR TIME IS ENDING" are both available on iTunes, Spotify, Apple Music, and all other digital outlets, as well onDouble LP Vinyl. FORMS hit #13 on the NACC Electronic Chart and won a Jammie for Best Electronic Album in 2018.
PINK SKY is very involved in their local music scene, and is invested in helping their fellow artists. Pink Sky hosts an art and music series (HAY YAH House Shows) in their home studio, featuring two synth-based artists and two visual artists on the last Friday of each month. Pink Sky also hosts a synthesizer-themed event at The Pyramid Scheme, Synth Night, which features Michigan acts.
Through their music series, Pink Sky has featured many talented artists, including Khyaam Haque, Lady Ace Boogie, Mega Powers, Primer, Mel*N, Wing Vilma, Darkly, Bronze Wolf, Sailor Jonas, Jes Kramer, hi-ker, FADE, Queen Bee Dream, Cloudlight, and How To Live Together, Fruitpunch, Silent Spirit, and Elizabeth Schmuhl and Zach Swisher.
In 2019, Pink Sky pledged to donate 10% of profits to local charities that advocate for social justice and environmental issues. Donations to date include contributions to Kids’ Food Basket, Center for Women in Transition, Wellhouse GR, Planned Parenthood, International Rescue Committee, and RAICES.
PINK SKY LIVE AT DOGTOWN STUDIO
When We Exist - Music Video
PRESS & NEWS
- "Electronica duo Pink Sky to showcase 'meditations' at South Bend show." Oct 2019. South Bend Tribune
- "“A Safe Warm Space at The End of The World” by Ambient Duo Pink Sky is the Sound of a Zen-like Acceptance of the Last Chapter of the Story of the Cosmos as We Know It." Queen City Sounds and Art. Oct 2019.
- "Why Grand Rapids' electronic duo Pink Sky is meditating on global chaos" Detroit Metro Times. Sep 2019.
- "Electronica band Pink Sky paints colorful music" South Bend Tribune, June 2019
- March 22nd Double Feature of Pink Sky's Concert Under the Stars SOLD OUT!
- Double Feature added for Pink Sky's Concert Under the Stars due to popular demand!
- March 21st Concert Under the Stars SOLD OUT! (147 cap seated room, $15 tickets)
- FORMS won a Jammie for Best Electronic Album!
- Pink Sky to Headline Jammies XX! Feb 2019. WYCE
- "Pink Sky’s music, live instrumentation gains acclaim; electronic duo hosts ‘Synth Night'" Jan 2019. Local Spins
- Pink Sky hosts Synth Night at The Pyramid Scheme
- Pink Sky to play Roger B. Chaffee Planetarium's Concerts Under the Stars!
- "Synth Night Vol 1 a Success!" Jan 2019. Local Spins.
- "WYCE Top 50 Albums of 2018" Pink Sky's FORMS was the #5 Most Played Album on WYCE in 2018.
- FORMS is back on the Hot Top 5 for the third month! (link) Nov 2018.
- "Music in the Stacks Turns Up the Volume at Downtown Library" Oct 2018.
- FORMS is on WYCE's HOT TOP 5 for a second month!
- "Local Spins on Michigan Radio: Jen Sygit, Pink Sky, Tiger and Frame" Local Spins. Sep 2018.
- PINK SKY headlines Blue Bridge Festival during ArtPrize 2018. Sep 2018.
- "Synthesizers & Silver Linings: Local electronic duo Pink Sky turns trauma into art on debut LP" Revue WM Magazine. Aug 2018.
- "Pink Sky: Dawn of the New via album release concert." Rapid Growth Media. Aug 2018.
- "THE GRAND CAST" podcast licensed "Breathing" for intro & outros in their sixth season. Aug 2018.
- "Pink Sky soars to lofty No. 1 on June’s Local Spins Hot Top 5 chart" WYCE 88.1 FM Local Spins. July 2018.
- FORMS hit #1 on WYCE's Local Spins Hot Top 5 - Most Played Regional Artists for June 2018.
- PINK SKY was included on The Seraphine Collective's Vidlings & Tapeheads Mixtape. July 2018.
- FORMS debuted at #13 on the NACC ELECTRONIC CHART. June 2018.
- FORMS debuted at #184 on the NACC TOP 200 RADIOCHART. June 2018.
- FORMS has remained on the NACC ELECTRONIC CHART for four weeks.
- PINK SKY heads into the studio to record their first album. Dec 2017.
- PINK SKY performed on-air at WYCE's Local Spins in-studio sessions. NOV 2017.
“"In making their music, the couple focuses intensely on feelings and emotions, aiming to communicate them through different combinations of synthesized and sampled sounds."”
“Pink Sky’s distinctive electronic music and live instrumentation – playing hardware synthesizers, drum samplers and an electric piano with visuals – has turned plenty of heads and cultivated a growing West Michigan fan base over the past year.”